- Plants respond to changes in the environment
- We can manipulate the crop environment by reducing irrigation
- This strategy can save water and improve plant stress responses
My research uses papaya, testing:
- How long does primed acclimation last?
- Does it improve responses to kinds of stress other than water deficits?
- What are the mechanisms? Including whole-plant, leaf morphology, photochemical structure, and biochemical changes.
Linking papaya horticulture to its ecophysiology. 2015. Florida International University, Plant Seminar, Biology Department. February, Miami, Florida.
Linking papaya horticulture to its ecophysiology. 2015. University of Florida, Tropical Research and Education Center. May, Homestead, Florida.